What’s Going On In London This September
The days are beginning to get shorter and the weather is starting to turn, but there’s lots going on this September in the capital to get you out of the house and keep you entertained.
- The cricket season may be coming to an end, but there is still plenty going on at the Home of Cricket. Why not pay our partner Lord’s a visit and enjoy a traditional afternoon tea in the iconic Long Room.
- Enter our competition and you could win a pair of premium tickets to The Luna Cinema, plus a nights stay in a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel. The Luna season comprises over 150 screenings right across the UK, from Edinburgh to Bournemouth, at some of the country’s most incredible sites.
- Ride the Mail Rail at the new Postal Museum, from Monday 4th September. Climb on board replica cars and ride through the original tunnels and station platforms of the secret railway under London.
- Whether you’re an architecture fanatic, or just fancy being a bit nosey, take advantage of the Open House London weekend. Explore hidden London for free as more than 800 churches, museums, public buildings, private houses, schools and offices open their doors to the public. From Saturday 16th – Sunday 17th September.
- If you weren’t lucky enough to be invited to London Fashion Week, you can still join in the fun at The London Fashion Week Festival. Shop designer collections at exclusive prices, sit front row at shows by London Fashion Week designers, get a head start on the key trends and listen to talks by industry experts. Thursday 21st to Sunday 24th September.
- Any foodies should treat themselves to the Ultimate Gastronomic Weekend at the London Restaurant Festival. This weekend-long event features all the very best events of the festival, including a four course lunch hosted by Michel Roux Jr., staying at the 5* Andaz London hotel in Liverpool Street. Saturday 14th to Sunday 15th October.
Whatever you get up to this September, you can rely on Addison Lee to get you where you need to be. Book on demand or up to three months in advance straight from your smartphone when you download the Addison Lee App.Book now
You can’t travel to Tokyo, but you can get in the mood for this year’s event by visiting some of …