‘Add’ the app to get home in two taps
Addison Lee, the UK’s most successful minicab company has launched an updated and improved app designed to make getting around even easier.
Completely redesigned for the latest generation of mobile operating systems, the new free-to-download app allows Addison Lee customers to personalise their profile with favourite addresses and select which category of vehicle they prefer, from six-seaters to executive saloons and hybrids. Created as a better way to book a cab, the new app includes the revolutionary ‘take me home’ function, meaning you can book a cab home in just two simple taps.
The app shows live tracking of the 3,500 vehicle fleet and the dynamic pick-up time updates in real-time right through the booking process, meaning users always know how many minutes away their driver is. And as always with Addison Lee (unlike some competitors) the app provides a completely transparent fare system, showing the actual price from pick-up to drop-off, with no “surge-pricing” when demand is high. All this is contained within an intuitive and user-friendly new interface.
The pioneers of mobile minicab booking, Addison Lee developed London’s most popular booking app in 2010 and since then the app has helped both consumer and business customers complete more than 5 million bookings. Committed to technology innovation, Addison Lee was the first company to introduce SMS booking confirmations and wifi in private-hire vehicles.
With Addison Lee’s investment in technology, the new and improved app is the result of a year’s user testing where 35 different versions of the app were trialed as part of over 3,000 hours of research and development.
About Addison Lee
- Founded in Battersea in 1975, Addison Lee is Europe’s largest minicab company.
- They offer a full range of Premier VIP chauffeur services, international delivery services, couriers and executive coaches.
- They have a luxury fleet of 3,500 minicabs. Using it’s bespoke auto allocator software; Addison Lee offers an average pick up time of four minutes in Central London with a fulfillment rate that stands at 99%.
- Mobile Booking allows you to store your favourite addresses automatically for faster bookings as well as offering pre-booked and ‘ASAP’ services.
- Addison Lee is the first company in the UK to trial the revolutionary ‘Babies in the Office’ scheme that allows employees on maternity leave to bring their babies into the workplace
- Addison Lee has won 11 business awards and numerous environmental awards including the Green500’s diamond award twice- the only company to do so; in recognition for reducing its C02 emissions through efficient fleet management.
Nobody said running a modern taxi business was going to be an easy gig … nevertheless, the boss of Addison …