ADDISON LEE TO KEEP SCREEN PARTITIONS IN VEHICLES UNTIL SUMMER 2022
Today, Addison Lee has announced that it will keep partition screens between drivers and passengers in its vehicles until at least summer 2022. The announcement comes as England enters the fourth stage of its roadmap out of lockdown and businesses begin to make a gradual return to the workplace.
The installation of partition screens into Addison Lee’s fleet of 4,000 vehicles began in May 2020. The commitment to install safety screens across the fleet sat alongside other safety measures, including protective equipment for drivers and electrostatic antimicrobial vehicle cleanses, designed to help stop the spread of coronavirus in the capital.
The firm, which announced its acquisition of Computer Cab plc (ComCab) earlier this month, also offers safety screens across the 2,500 ComCab taxis operating in London. With safety screens across its entire fleet of PHV and taxis, this makes Addison Lee’s multi service platform, the safest option for COVID secure travel in and around the city.
Addison Lee’s CEO, Liam Griffin, commented: “The safety of our passengers and drivers has, and always will be, our number one priority. With restrictions lifting in London this week, we will continue to lead the industry in hygiene and safety and do all we can to ensure that Londoners have access to clean and safe transport options. Our partition screens have protected thousands of passengers and drivers over the course of the pandemic. We will continue to play our part in helping them to feel as safe as possible when they travel.’’
In line with the Mayor of London’s decision to keep mask wearing compulsory across public transport, the company will also expect both drivers and passengers wear face masks when travelling in their vehicles.
Liam Griffin continued: “As London gets moving again, it is important that the transport network works together to keep the public safe and prevent further spread of the virus. In particular, it is vital that all London transport providers give passengers clear and consistent guidance before travelling and find ways to go above and beyond to protect the health of both their staff and the public. The past eighteen months have shown us that private hire and taxi services have a critical role to play in helping to tackle transmission rates and improving public confidence.’’
– ENDS –
Notes to editors
About Addison Lee
- Addison Lee is London’s largest premium managed car and courier service, carrying nearly 7 million passengers and over 2 million deliveries across the capital every year in its 4000 strong fleet, none more than 3 years old.
- Established in 1974, ComCab is the longest standing black taxi fleet in the capital, operating over 2,500 iconic black taxis across London. 25% of our operating fleet are low emission vehicles, helping reduce carbon emissions and creating a greener transport infrastructure. ComCab offers unrivalled coverage and flexibility to London’s business community and valued private clients within the city and surrounding areas. Drivers have on average 20 years’ experience in the industry and have all passed the world renowned ‘Knowledge of London’. ComCab is an award-winning business with a community first ethos and have been recognised for keeping London moving during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Our courier service is the largest same-day courier in London.
- AL Now offers London’s businesses a two-hour delivery window
- Collections up to 7pm for next working day delivery
- Same day courier service will have your parcel collected quickly and delivered efficiently
- Every parcel is electronically tracked, with proof of delivery
- Dedicated fleet of bicycles, cars, motorbikes, and vans
- Couriers practice social distancing when delivering your packages
- Safety and hygiene are at the core of Addison Lee’s service, which is used by 80% of the FTSE100.
- Our Safer Journey Initiative is designed to ensure the safety of both our drivers and passengers, with our drivers rated on their approach to cleanliness every journey by our customers and a network of mobile quality assessors ensuring our standards are adhered to.
- The first UK ground transport business to launch a booking app, Addison Lee offers 24/7, 365 days a year customer service through app, web, and phone.
- A consortium led by Liam Griffin (CEO) and Cheyne Capital’s Strategic Value Credit business completed a buy-out of the company in March 2020
London’s largest private hire and taxi firm Addison Lee has today announced an investment in 600 brand new, zero-emission capable …