With air travel to many European countries opening up again, we know that many of our customers will be looking to take a summer holiday. Our focus over recent months has been your safety and that of our drivers, and with that in mind, we wanted to share our advice on travelling to and from airports with us this summer. While we can share guidance on your journey to and from the airport, the comprehensive guide to air travel can be found at the Government’s safer air travel guide for passengers.
For a safe and smooth journey with Addison Lee, here are our guidelines:
- It is important to remember that you should not travel at all if you are experiencing any coronavirus symptoms.
- Handle your luggage yourself to maintain safety throughout your entire journey. If you are unable to do so, the driver will assist you whilst wearing gloves. Be prepared with antibacterial wipes to clean the touchpoints of your luggage afterwards.
- Keep a 2-meter distance from others where possible. If travelling to or from the airport by Addison Lee, you will be asked to sit in the rear seats to allow you and the driver to socially distance.
- Wear a face covering on your journey to the airport to protect the safety of yourself and your driver.
- Wash or sanitise your hand regularly, especially after touching surfaces such as luggage.
If you have booked an Addison Lee to collect you from the airport, your driver will meet you as normal at your pickup point. The only difference is that they will now be wearing a facemask. We ask that you also wear a facemask when meeting your driver.
Addison Lee continues to monitor Government advice and we are frequently enhancing our safety measures to give you the confidence to travel. With our Safer Journey Initiative, we aim to lead the industry in safety and hygiene and ensure the safety of our drivers and passengers.
If you’re travelling to or from the airport this summer, let Addison Lee look after you and book through the app, online or by calling +44 (0)207 387 8888.
Whatever you do this summer, stay safe and take care.
Action required by Mayor of London to address safety concerns and changing demand as 6 out of 10 Londoners say …