Home / Add Lib / Everyone wants more time! Using every minute wisely should lead to more hours in your day.
14th February 2019
Everyone wants more time! Using every minute wisely should lead to more hours in your day.
We have something for you: 6 tips on using your time effectively.
Scroll down to see our recommendations on how to be efficient with your time when busy:
- Have you planned your day? Don’t overestimate the number of things you can get done in a day. Compartmentalise your task list: plan to get at least one large task, 3 medium-sized tasks, and 5 small tasks done that day.
- What can wait? So you’ve planned your day but still don’t have enough time. Sometimes you need to take a step back and ask yourself what can wait until tomorrow – you might get lucky and find yourself with time at the end of the day to complete the task.
- Do you procrastinate? Planning isn’t always enough when procrastination creeps in – remember, every minute can be useful. If you have that 10 minutes or so before meeting, don’t underestimate what you can get done. Use it wisely!
- Who can help? It’s not always a work chore – sometimes work and life intertwine and time becomes evermore scarce. Take that step back again and consider who you have around you and how they can help.
- What’s the deadline? Use deadlines and time limits to your advantage. Even if you don’t technically have a deadline on a task, set one for yourself and work towards it.
- Are you on track? Be incredibly proactive about keeping meetings and tasks on track. Before each meeting, send an agenda; if the conversation strays, don’t be afraid to rein it in.
If you want to become a PHV driver in London, you’ll need to pass a TfL SERU assessment. Here’s what you need to know about SERU, and how Addison Lee can help. …