These are the rules (the “Rules”) that govern the Addison Lee LFW 2018 consumer promotion (“Promotion”) taking place between 00:01 14th September 2018 and 23:59 on 19 September 2018 (the “Promotion Period”):
1. The promoter of the Promotion is Addison Lee Limited (company number 01205530) whose registered office is at 35-37 William Road, London, NW1 3ER (“Addison Lee”/ the “Promoter”)
Who can enter
2. The Promotion is open to UK residents who are:
(i) aged 18 or over on day of entry and
(ii) registered to use the Addison Lee App as a personal user of the Addison Lee services.
3. The following are not eligible to participate:
(i) individuals that use Addison Lee services because of a contractual relationship between Addison Lee (or an Addison Lee group company) and their employer;
(ii) a commercial enterprise that has entered a contractual relationship with Addison Lee and/or an Addison Lee group company for ground transportation and related services.
(iii) employees of the Promoter and their immediate families and anyone professionally connected with the Promotion;
(iv) employees of any company responsible for redemption of prizes/vouchers or for supplying prizes for the Promotion and their respective franchisees, subsidiaries, agents and advisors;
(v) other persons assisting with this Promotion;
(vi) any person not being an individual natural person;
(vii) any syndicate or collection of persons acting in concert; and
(viii) any person entering via an agent or using the services of or which is an entity carrying on the business of entering (or advising on entering) prize promotions.
4. Individuals who meet the required criteria to enter the Promotion shall be an “Entrant”.
5. All Entrants unconditionally accept and agree to comply with and abide by these Rules and the decisions of the Promoter, which shall be final and binding with respect to all aspects of the Promotion.
6. All entries must be made directly by the Entrant entering the Promotion. Entries made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed, and all such entries will be disqualified.
7. Entries made by anyone found to be using multiple accounts for the purposes of entering the Promotion shall be ineligible.
8. To enter the Promotion all Entrants must during the Promotional Period:
(i) generate a booking using the Addison Lee App and applying the LFW2018 competition code (the “Booking”); and
(ii) complete the journey associated with the Booking.
9. Successful entries will result in a reduction of £0.01p (one British pence) from the total cost of the journey. This reduction is not a discount and/or a charge for participation in this Promotion.
10. Entries submitted outside of the Promotional Period shall not be valid or counted.
11. Cancelled, passive, speculative or fictitious Bookings shall not be entered.
12. The winner will be drawn on Thursday 20th September 2018 at 15:00 GMT by the Promoter. The winner will be selected at random at the Promoters registered address.
13. An Entrant, whose entry is selected as the potential winning entry for the Prize must remain in compliance with the Rules.
14. The Promoters reserve the right to verify the eligibility of Entrants who take part in the Promotion and may require such information as they consider reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entry.
15. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
16. Addison Lee does not accept any responsibility for any technical or other difficulties encountered by Entrants in entering the Promotion or any entries that are delayed or corrupted.
17. Entrants are responsible for all costs and expenses relating to participation in the Promotion, such as the cost of accessing the internet.
18. The participants reserve the right to exclude any entries which they believe to be fraudulent or based on misconduct, or if, in their reasonable opinion, they consider that there is a significant risk that the Entrant may bring the Addison Lee brand into disrepute.
19. There is one (1) prize available which is subject to these Rules and consists of £500 Selfridges Gift Card (the “Prize”).
20. The winner will be notified via email and will be asked to send an email with his/her full name, telephone number, residential address, and email address, as well as any other details required by the Promoter for the operation of the Promotion (the “Winner’s Response Message”). If the winner fails to submit this information by 12:00 GMT Monday 24 th September 2018, the Promoters reserve the right (in their sole discretion) to withdraw the Prize or draw an alternative winner.
21. The Selfridges Gift Card can be exchanged for products in Selfridges stores and can otherwise be used in accordance with the Selfridges and Company terms and conditions. The Gift card can only be used for orders in British Pounds. A gift card cannot be exchanged for cash or refunded. If the products purchased total less than the value of the gift card, any balance will be left as credit on the Gift Card.
22. All costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and/or use and not specified in these Rules as being provided are the sole responsibility of the winner. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of such portion of the Prize. The winner may not substitute, assign or transfer the Prize, but the Promoters reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to substitute the Prize with one of comparable or greater value.
23. The Promoter is not responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions, or any act or omissions whatsoever by any other promoter, any third-party Prize providers or any other persons involved in providing any Prize-related goods or services. Without limitation to the foregoing, in the unlikely event that the retailer rejects the redemption of the Prize (for a reason that is solely attributable to the acts or omissions and/or negligence of the Promoter) the winner shall contact the Promoter and provide all such information that the Promoter may reasonably require to investigate the matter. The Promoter may replace the Prize so rejected with a prize of similar value.
24. In order to claim the Prize, the winner may be asked for identification that matches their entry details. Addison Lee reserves the right to validate any claim and may ask for proof of identity and/or address and/or age.
25. No part of the Prize may be exchanged for any cash or other alternative (whether the maximum value of the Prize has been used or not), it is not transferable, divisible, permitted to be sold or resold and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer.
26. The Prize cannot be replaced or refunded in the event of loss, theft or missed opportunity. In the event that the Promoter wishes to increase the Prize pool for the Promotion, it may (but shall not be obliged to) do so.
27. The promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
28. If the Prize is not awarded, unclaimed or otherwise subject to claims which become invalid or which are adjudged void at any time, the Prize will lapse and may be re-awarded by the Promoter (but without obligation to do so). This includes any Prize where the Winner’s Response Message is received by the Promoter after the timeframe provided for response. the Promoter does not accept any liability for delay or non-delivery of notification emails to winners or Winner’s Response Message.
29. Details of winners can be obtained by contacting the Customer Services number notified on www.addisonlee.com and obtaining the contact name and address to which to send an envelope with a signed hand-written specific request and a stamped addressed envelope.
30. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Prize will be awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
31. As a condition of entering, Entrants agree that to the extent permitted by law, the Promoter, Selfridges and Company together with their parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, franchisees, Prize providers, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”) are released, will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by Entrants against any liability for any losses or damages of any kind to property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a Prize or participation in this Promotion or any Promotion-related activities. Nothing in these Rules shall be construed to limit or exclude any liability of a Released Party for fraudulent misrepresentation, fraud, death or personal injury caused by the Released Party’s negligence or any other liability to the extent the same may not be excluded or limited as a matter of law.
32. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes all liability for any costs, expenses, loss or damage including indirect, consequential or economic losses arising (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) out of or in connection with an Entrant’s participation in the Promotion, entry into these Rules or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
33. All winners agree to take part in reasonable, unpaid publicity on behalf of the Promoter and being announced as a winner on the Promoter’s social media accounts along with their first name and Prize. Such publicity and advertising may take place at any time or date after the entry has been submitted. No further consideration will be given for this.
34. The winner agrees that the Promoter may use his/her name, image and likeness in any manner (including a photograph, film or recording of the same) and in any medium for its promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
35. In administering this Promotion, the Promoter may collect personal information from any Entrant. Entrant’s personal information will be collected and processed in line with the Promoter’s GDPR Privacy Notice which may be found at www.addisonlee.com/privacy-notice/.
36. Any enquiries about personal information held by the Promoter, including any request for deletion of personal data, may be made by emailing email@example.com.
37. the Promoter may: (i) extend any time limit or waive any of the Rules where a person might otherwise have been disqualified (without obliging the Promoter to relax the Rules on any further occasion for that Entrant or at all for any other person); (ii) terminate, extend or suspend the Promotion at any time where this is necessary or desirable due to supervening circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control; and (iii) substitute a product deemed to be an appropriate replacement and of equal or greater value in the place of any of the Prizes (or any part of a Prize to the extent divisible). the Promoter’s decision in the exercise or interpretation of any of its rights or discretions in connection with these Rules shall be final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into.
38. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify Entrants that do not comply with these Rules or the spirit thereof or any Entrant who they reasonably believe has interfered with the fair running of the Promotion. The decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into about it.
39. No term of these Rules shall be enforceable by any person who is not a party to them, save that, to the extent the Promoter deem it appropriate, the Promoter shall be entitled to treat any of their rights under the Rules as having been granted for the benefit of their group companies, and/or one or more of their agencies and commercial partners.
40. These Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute arising in connection with the Promotion or these Rules.