(FROM 1 AUGUST 2019)
STANDARD TERMS OF SERVICE
We are Addison Lee Limited a company registered in England and Wales (registration number: 01205530) whose registered address is located at The Point (4th Floor) 37, North Wharf Road, London W2 1AF(“Addison Lee“, “we“, “our” or “us“).
We provide Courier Services and Passenger Services (collectively the “Services”). When you book one or more Services these terms apply (the “Terms”).
These Terms constitute a legally binding agreement between you and Addison Lee.
We keep these Terms (including pricing) updated and we amend them every so often, so remember to check back in before you make a Booking, as the latest set will apply.
What capitalised expressions mean in these Terms
|Accounts||means an account which has been opened by Addison Lee in respect of a particular customer and which is identified by way of a confidential security number (the “Customer Account Number”) allocated to the customer and under which Addison Lee extends credit terms to enable such customer to pay on a periodic basis, based on statements of account provided by Addison Lee (or as otherwise agreed under the Account agreement) and which may be designated as an Account, a Priority Gold Account or a Priority Gold Exclusive Account.|
|Additional Charges||means any other charges payable by you in relation to a Booking as set out in the Charges sections;|
|Airport Booking||means a Booking made to or from any airport;|
|App||means the Addison Lee mobile application or any mobile application operated by a Group Company or a third party distribution channel, through which Bookings can be made;|
|ASAP Booking||means a Booking for the next available Driver or Fulfilment Partner (as applicable);|
|Booking||means your booking for a Driver or Fulfilment Partner (as applicable) to provide Passenger Services made through our Service;|
|Booking Channel||the Site, App, Phone or certain third party distribution channels;|
|Cancellation Fee||means the amount payable by you if you cancel a Booking, as set out at in the Additional Charges sections.|
|Card Payment||means payment in relation to a Booking, including but not limited to, by credit card, debit card, Apple Pay and PayPal payments;|
|Charges||means the charges payable by you for a Booking, as communicated to you when the Booking is made, and does not include the Additional Charges;|
|Collection Address||means the address provided by you at the time of making the Booking as the address from which the Vehicle shall collect you;|
|Courier Services||means (i) the carriage or delivery of Goods in the UK; and (ii) the delivery of Goods nationally or internationally, by way of a Courier Vehicle, from the Collection Address to the Destination Address.|
|Courier Vehicle||means a vehicle used for the carriage or delivery of Goods.|
|Destination Address||means the address stated by you at the time of making the Booking as the address to which the Vehicle shall deliver you;|
|Drop Off Fee||means a fee or charge applicable for dropping off passengers at certain Destination Addresses which will be added to the Charges. A list of Drop Off Fees is set out at Additional Charges sections.|
|Driver or Chauffeur||means any person contracted to Addison Lee or any Group Company who drives a Vehicle;|
|Executive Service||means a service delivered by Tristar or a Fulfilment Partner which includes an executive Chauffeur and a Mercedes E Class vehicle or similar (depending on region/country travelling in);|
|Flight Estimated Arrival Time||means either (i) the actual time of arrival of the flight where you have provided the flight number; or (ii) the time specified by you if you do not provide a flight number;|
|Fulfilment Partner||means a carefully selected third party private hire or licensed taxi company on whose behalf Addison Lee acts as agent;|
|Local Partner Service||means the service product provided by a Fulfilment Partner in a medium saloon and/or sedan depending on model availability and territory.|
|Greener Future Fund Payment||“Greener Future Fund Payment” means a payment used to: offset the effects of private hire vehicles no longer being exempt from the London Congestion Charge; fund carbon offsetting and other corporate social responsibility initiatives; and fund investment by Addison Lee in emerging technologies, and which applies to Account, As Directed Bookings and Account Courier Services Bookings as set out below.|
|Group Company||means any company which a subsidiary is or holding company from time to time of Addison Lee or is a subsidiary from time to time of a holding company of Addison Lee.|
|Minor||means children of less than 14 years of age;|
|Parking Fee||means a fee or charge applicable for parking and / or entry to certain Collection Addresses which will be added to the Charges. A list of Parking Fees is set out in the Additional Charges sections.|
|Passenger||means you and / or any other person on whose behalf a Booking is made;|
|Passenger Services||means the transportation of Passengers (together with any applicable luggage or bicycle) by a Vehicle from the Collection Address to the Destination Address and shall include Network Services and Platform Services.;|
|Phone||means Addison Lee’s, a Group Company’s or a third party distribution channel’s contact centre through which Bookings can be made;|
|First Service||means a service delivered by Tristar or a Fulfilment Partner which includes a professional Chauffeur and a Mercedes S-Class vehicle or similar (depending on region/country travelling in);|
|Pre-booked||means a Booking at a specified date and time;|
|Priority Fee||means a fee payable by an Account holder for Priority Gold and Priority Gold Exclusive Passenger Services;|
|Restricted Street||means any Collection Address or Destination Address which is subject to any parking law or regulation prohibiting any vehicle from entering or waiting;|
|Return Journey||means Passenger Services in which a Driver picks up a Passenger from a Collection Address and drops a Passenger at a Destination Address which may or may not be the same as the Collection Address, via any other stops specified by the Passenger;|
|Site||means the website at www.addisonlee.com through which Bookings can be made;|
|Select Service Vehicle||means a service delivered by Addison Lee or a Fulfilment Partner, which includes a professional Driver and a medium saloon vehicle;|
means the vehicle booked through the Service; and
|Waiting Time Fee||means a fee chargeable when a Driver or Fulfilment Partner (as applicable) is required to wait for Passengers above the standard inclusive time, which will be added to the Charges. Waiting Time Fees are set out in the Additional Charges sections.|
1. THE SERVICE
- The Service allows you to make a Booking, which is provided in each and every case by an independent Driver, Chauffeur or Fulfilment Partner (as applicable). We are the disclosed agent for each Driver or Fulfilment Partner (as applicable) for the purpose of arranging and agreeing Bookings between you and the Driver or Fulfilment Partner (as applicable). The Driver or Fulfilment Partner (as applicable) enters into a contract with you, on and subject to these terms and conditions or the Network Services Terms (as applicable).
- The Service we offer allows you to make a Booking with a Driver or Fulfilment Partner (as applicable) through the Booking Channels. Bookings may be either an ASAP Booking or Pre-booked. As part of the Service, we may also provide you with customer service assistance.
- The contract for the Booking is between you and the Driver or Fulfilment Partner (as applicable). This means that it is the Driver or Fulfilment Partner (as applicable) (not us) who is legally responsible for fulfilling the Booking and we are not responsible for the actions of the Drivers or Fulfilment Partner (as applicable) and their delivery of a Booking.
- As the provider of the Service, we are not responsible for fulfilling the Booking, we allow you to connect with Drivers or Fulfilment Partners (as applicable) so you can make a Booking. We remain responsible in respect of our obligations to you in relation to the Service in accordance with these Terms which shall be legally binding. If you have any questions or complaints, we can be contacted directly at email@example.com or on 0207 387 8888.
- We will remain the point of contact for you for customer service questions.
- Addison Lee reserves the right to amend the Services if necessary to comply with any Applicable Law, or if the amendment will not materially affect the nature or quality of the Services.
- Addison Lee shall use reasonable endeavours to provide a Vehicle and Service of the type specified by the Customer (and in the event that such a Vehicle is not available, a reasonable alternative vehicle) within any time for so doing given by Addison Lee.
2. USER PROFILES;
2.1 In order to use most aspects of the Services, you must register for and maintain an active personal user profile (“Profile“). You must be at least 18 years of age, or the age of legal majority in your jurisdiction (if applicable and if different than 18), to set up a Profile, unless a specific Service permits otherwise. Profile registration requires you to submit certain personal information, such as your name, address, mobile phone number and age, as well as at least one valid payment method supported by us. You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your Profile, and you agree to maintain the security and secrecy of your Profile username and password at all times. You may only possess one Profile unless otherwise agreed by us. .
- If you are a business user of the Services you must register for and maintain an active Account. To qualify for a business user Account, you must be a registered company within the meaning of the Companies Act 1985 as amended (“Business Account”).
- If you are a personal user of the Services than in addition to setting up a Profile you may elect to register for and maintain an active Account (“Personal Account”).
- Accounts are subject to status and completion of pre-authorisation checks which include a search of credit reference agencies.
- We may, at any time, set a limit on the total credit to an Account at any one time and we shall not be obliged to perform Account Bookings once that limit has been reached. We will notify you in writing if credit limit has been applied to your Account.
- We will confirm the successful set up of an Account in writing and provide your unique Customer Account Number which must be used when making an Account Booking.
- We reserve the right to close an Account if we believe it has been compromised and/or is generating Bookings that are fraudulent, speculative, fictitious or duplicative, or for which payment for the Charges has not been received.
- Account holders may elect to purchase a Priority Gold or Priority Gold Exclusive Account status (as available to the Account type) by paying a Priority Fee.
- We may vary the Priority Fee at our sole discretion but shall notify you in writing of such change prior to it taking effect.
3.9 Priority Gold/Priority Gold Exclusive Account holders pay a reduced Priority Fee of 10% in relation to Priority Account Bookings paid by Card Payment or by BACS and a reduced priority fee of 5% in relation to Priority Account Bookings paid by direct debit and receive a discount of £1.00 per booking on the Charges payable for Passenger Services booked via Addison Lee’s website or via the App (collectively the “PGE Discount”). The PGE Discount shall only apply to the cost of the original journey and shall not apply to any additional charges incurred (such as deviations to the original journey
3.10 Existing Account holders with Accounts generated before 01 August 2019 (“Priority” and/or “Priority Plus” Account holders) pay a reduced Priority Fee of 5% in relation to Bookings made by Card Payment or by BACS and shall pay no Priority Fee when the Booking is paid by direct debit unless otherwise agreed in writing with us. Priority Plus Account are entitled to receive a discount of 20% on the Charges payable for all Airport Bookings and a discount of £1.00 per booking on the Charges payable for Passenger Services booked via Addison Lee’s website or via the App (“PPA Discount”). The PPA Discount shall only apply to Priority and Priority Plus Account holder and to the cost of the original journey. The PPA Discount shall not apply to any additional charges incurred such as deviations to the original journey.
3.11 All Account holders shall pay a £1.50 + VAT Greener Future Fund Payment for each Account Booking for Passenger Services; and/or a £0.50 + VAT Greener Future Fund Payment for each Account Booking of Courier Services. Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles and push bike Courier deliveries are excluded from the Greener Future Fund Payment.
3.12 All Account holders shall be invoiced (either monthly, fortnightly or weekly as appropriate) in respect of Services performed in the previous month or at such other intervals as may be agreed between us in writing.
3.13 You must notify us in writing within 14 days of receipt of the relevant invoice if you dispute the Charges.
3.14 All Account holders may at their sole discretion opt in to use the manager portal to make changes and place restrictions on your Bookings and Account activities. You accept full liability for all changes and/or restrictions placed on your Account and that such changes are placed at your own risk. We shall be entitled to assume that all changes and/or restrictions made to an Account are Authorised by the Account holder. We accept no liability whatsoever for any costs, losses, damages or liabilities suffered by you as a result of a change or restriction placed on your Account via the manager portal. The Account holder agrees to indemnify us against all liabilities, costs, damages, claims and losses suffered or incurred by us as a result of or in connection with any changes and/or restrictions placed on an Account using the manager portal.
3.15 If either of us close the Account for any reason you are responsible for payment of all outstanding Charges up to and inclusive of the Account closure date. If you have made a Booking for after the Account closure date you will be required to pay for such Booking as though it was a personal Booking in accordance with the payment terms in these Terms.
4. MAKING A BOOKING
- Upon successful set up of a Profile and where applicable Business Account and Personal Account, you may generate Bookings for the required Service.
- When you make a Booking, the contractual relationship in relation to the Booking will be between you and the Driver or Fulfilment Partner (as applicable). We will not be a party to it. The relevant Driver or Fulfilment Partner (as applicable) will be responsible for the fulfilment of the Booking and provision of the Vehicle, and our role is limited to facilitating Bookings between you and the Driver, collecting payments for Bookings on behalf of the Driver or Fulfilment Partner (as applicable) and providing customer service assistance acting as the Driver’s agent.
- The Booking constitutes an offer by you to purchase Services in accordance with these Terms. For the avoidance of doubt, such Booking shall be made using one of the Booking Channels. The Booking shall only be deemed to be accepted when we issue written acceptance of the Booking via text message, email or push notification from the App or on commencement of the Booking (whichever is the earlier), at which point and on which date and time a contract for the delivery of those services to which the Booking relates shall come into existence (“Contract“). There is no obligation on us to accept a Booking and it may be declined for any reason.
- Where your journey is fulfilled by a Driver or chauffeur licensed by Transport for London, Addison Lee will contact you again via text message, email or push notification from the App, before the start of your journey, to confirm the vehicle licence plate number, the Driver’s contact details, the Driver’s private hire vehicle licence number and where a Passenger can receive it, a photo of the Driver. Where you make a Booking for Services that is not fulfilled by a Driver licensed by Transport for London, Addison Lee may, upon request, provide you with the name, contact details and/or vehicle licence plate number of the relevant Driver or Chauffeur who will be fulfilling the Booking. Addison Lee in its absolute discretion may decline to accept any Booking.
- You can book a Cycle Select+ or Pet Select (pet friendly service) via phone, web or app in the locations available. Wheelchair – Select+ (an accessible vehicle or wheelchair users) can only be booked by telephoning Addison Lee’s contact centre who will confirm availability for the location requested. The Charges shall be as quoted at the time of making the Booking.
- Account holders must provide the unique Customer Account Number at the time of Booking. If you do not provide your unique Customer Account Number at the time of Booking, we shall not be obliged to perform the Booking and/or may, at our discretion, treat the Booking as a personal Booking.
- We shall be entitled to treat any Account Booking made quoting the confidential Customer Account Number as duly authorised by the holder of such Account and the Account holder shall be liable in respect of all Charges accrued using the Customer Account Number.
- On the completion of your Booking, you must pay the Charges and any Additional Charges either by cash directly to the Driver, or by Card Payment, which shall be collected and processed by us or a third party payment processor on the Driver or Fulfilment Partner (as applicable)’s behalf.
- If you are an Account holder, payment shall be made by direct debit or BACS to such bank account as we shall notify to you.
5. SERVICE CHARGES
- On providing your Collection Address, Destination Address and selecting the type of Vehicle, you may request a quotation showing the amount of the Charges for the requested journey.
- The Charges and any Additional Charges shall be exclusive of applicable taxes [where required by law] for all Account Holders and inclusive of applicable taxes [as required by law] for non-Account holders.
- The Charges are based on our chosen route between your Collection Address and Destination Address (via any other pick-up or drop-off points you specify at the time of making the Booking).
- We may permit changes to a Booking by a Passenger on whose behalf the Booking was made, and you acknowledge that you are liable for all Charges and Additional Charges for the Booking as changed.
- Additional Charges may be payable if:
- you change the Collection Address and / or Destination Address or Vehicle type;
- you ask the Driver or Fulfilment Partner (as applicable), and the Driver or Fulfilment Partner (as applicable) agrees, to make any additional pick-ups or drop-offs;
- you require the Driver or Fulfilment Partner (as applicable) to take any variation of or follow a different route from our chosen route;
- you require the Vehicle to carry more passengers than indicated when making the Booking;
- you require the Driver or Fulfilment Partner (as applicable) to wait between the stops of a Return Journey;
- you or any other Passenger soil, contaminate or damage a Vehicle, in which case a cleaning fee shall be charged;
- tolls or road related charges are payable in relation to your Booking;
- a Parking Fee, Waiting Time Fee, Drop Off Fee and/or Cancellation Fee is applicable to your Booking as set out in Additional Charges sections;
- you do not specify that the Vehicle is to carry a bicycle or pet when making the Booking, and the Driver agrees to carry such bicycle or pet.
5.5 Where you make a Card Payment for a Booking and your Card Payment is declined, you agree that Addison Lee or a Group Company may, on behalf of a Driver or Fulfilment Partner (as applicable), use and take payment from a secondary payment card registered in your sole name, where available.
- Other than in relation to airport Bookings where the waiting time shall be as set out below, each Customer shall have 5 minutes inclusive waiting time (“Inclusive Waiting Time”) for Services including those provided by a Fulfilment Partner. Waiting time shall be charged from the 6th minute onwards.
- Where you book a wait and return journey, there is no Inclusive Waiting Time between stops and Additional Waiting Time shall be payable at the rates set out above (as applicable), in respect of waiting time accumulated between the stops.
Select, Executive and First waiting time and Fulfilment Partner waiting time where the Fulfilment Partner is supplying a Local Partner service: 15 minutes for domestic flights and 30 minutes for international flights;
- In the event that you exceed the Inclusive Waiting Time and/or Airport Inclusive Waiting Time (as applicable), you shall pay for any additional waiting time thereafter, in addition to the Charges for the Booking. Any waiting time in excess of the Inclusive Waiting Time and/or Airport Inclusive Waiting Time (as applicable) will be charged per hour, and payable in 5 minute increments, applicable to the Passenger Services taken, (“Additional Waiting Time“) as follows:
- Select waiting time and Fulfilment Partner waiting time where the Fulfilment Partner is supplying a Local Partner car service: £33 per hour;
- Executive waiting time and Fulfilment Partner waiting time where the Fulfilment Partner is supplying an Executive car service: £33 per hour;
- First waiting time and Fulfilment Partner waiting time where the Fulfilment Partner is supplying a First car service: £40 per hour.
- Where you book a wait and return journey, there is no Inclusive Waiting Time between stops and Additional Waiting Time shall be payable at the rates set out in clause 5.8(a)-(c) inclusive (as applicable), in respect of waiting time accumulated between the stops.
Example Airport Waiting Time scenario
You are due to land at London Gatwick on an inbound international flight at 06.30 and you specify a collection time of 07.00. Your Booking includes, free of charge, Airport Waiting Time until 07.30. If your journey commences at 07.45, you will be charged 15 minutes’ waiting time in accordance with the Waiting Time Fees.
6. PROMO CODES
From time to time, we may give you Promo Codes that you can use to reduce the price of a Passenger Service Journey. Remember, it’s up to you to enter the code at time of Booking.
- Each Promo Code has its own terms, which will be made clear at the time it’s issued to you (e.g. what products, single/multiple use, when it can be used etc).
- If you’re given a unique Promo Code that is meant just for you (e.g. a student Promo Code) please keep it secret and don’t let anyone else use it or abuse it (e.g. don’t post it on social media). If we think there is or has been misuse of a Promo Code in any way (e.g. selling it or sharing it with others), we can cancel your Promo Code and/or suspend or even close your account without telling you.
- We don’t like to do this, but if a Promo Code can’t run properly because someone or something is spoiling the fun for everyone – e.g. fraud, tampering, technical errors or anything else that is beyond our control that affects the running or fairness of the Promo Code – we can cancel, modify or suspend the Promo Code.
We will not allow unaccompanied Minors to travel alone in a Vehicle. We will notify the Minor’s parent or guardian and/or relevant regulatory authority, in the event that we suspect a Minor is travelling unaccompanied and shall procure to advise that the Booking cannot be completed without the Minor being accompanied. In exceptional circumstances and subject to the parent/guardian’s consent, we may allow teenagers (being children aged between 12 and 16) to travel unaccompanied, provided that when making a Booking for any unaccompanied teenager, you inform us that an unaccompanied teenager will be travelling. We may, at our discretion, decline to accept such Booking and we shall not be liable to you or be deemed to be in breach of these Terms if we decline to accept such Booking. We do not accept any additional responsibility for any Minor, or teenager, who travels unaccompanied in a Vehicle.
8. BICYCLES AND ANIMALS
You must inform us when making a Booking if you or any Passenger wishes the Vehicle to transport a bicycle or domestic animal (“Bicycle Booking” or “Pet Booking”, respectively). Guide dogs are not subject to these conditions and may be carried without notifying us when booking. Neither the Driver nor Addison Lee accepts any liability for any damage caused to a bicycle when loading, in transit or unloading a bicycle into a Passenger Vehicle. You are responsible for this and accept full liability for any damage caused (including damage in transit).
- Bicycle Booking (Cycle- Select+) Each Bicycle Booking must be for a maximum of one bicycle. You acknowledge that only some Vehicles have been allocated, and/or equipped, to carry bicycles. The Charges for a Bicycle Booking may be higher than a non-Bicycle Booking and will be communicated to you at the time you make the Booking.
Pet Booking (Pet – Select)
Each pet to be transported must be in an appropriate locked box or cage, or otherwise appropriately restrained. We will only accept a Booking for a domestic pet, such as a dog, cat or bird.
5.3 Liability and Costs for Bicycle and Pet Bookings
We do not accept any liability for any damage to your bicycle or any injury to your pet during loading or unloading or throughout the Passenger Service.
If you do not tell us beforehand that the Booking is a Bicycle Booking or Pet Booking, then one of the following outcomes and the associated cost shall apply:
|Outcome:||You will pay:|
|The Driver may cancel the Booking||the Cancellation Fee;|
|The Driver may agree to carry the bicycle or pet anyway (provided that the Vehicle is capable of, and is equipped to, transport the bicycle or pet)||the Charges plus any applicable Additional Charges for carriage of the bicycle or pet;|
|The Driver may refuse to transport the bicycle or pet and where you agree transport you and any Passengers only||the Charges;|
|The Driver may refuse to transport the bicycle or pet and offer to make arrangements for another Vehicle to transport you and the bicycle or pet||the Cancellation Fee in respect of the first Booking, and the Charges (and any applicable Additional Charges) in respect of the Bicycle Booking or Pet Booking.|
9. POSTPONING PRE-BOOKED BOOKINGS IN-APP SNOOZE FUNCTION
- If your Booking is Pre-booked and you have booked the journey using our App, you may use the App’s snooze function in locations where available, to postpone the arrival of your Driver for 15, 30, 45 or 60 minutes. The snooze function is not available for Airport Bookings, or where a Driver has been allocated to your journey as indicated in the App or by SMS. Using the snooze function does not give you any additional rights to cancel your Booking.
- We will not be responsible if the snooze function is not available.
10.1 You may cancel a UK Booking without charge in the following circumstances:
(a) You made an ASAP Booking and the Driver takes more than 5 minutes longer to arrive at the Collection Address than originally quoted; or
(b) You made a Pre-booked Booking and you have not received an SMS or in app push notification advising you that [your Driver is on the way/details of your Driver such as the vehicle licence plate number and the Driver’s contact details], with the exception of First in the UK, where up to 100% of the quoted booking charge may be due if cancellation is made 4 hours or less prior to booked pick-up time.
(c) If you are a Business Account holder and are booking international journeys the following cancellations charges also apply. Up to 100% of the quoted booking charge may be charged in cases where cancellations are made outside of the minimum times stated below: –
|Select||Minimum of 2 hours prior to pick-up in destination location/time zone||N/A|
|Local Partner||Minimum of 2 hours prior to pick-up up in destination location/time zone||N/A|
|Service||Europe, Middle East, Russia and Africa||USA & Canada||Rest of World (RoW)|
|Executive||Minimum of 4 hours prior to pick-up in destination location/time zone.|
|Minimum of 2 hours prior to pick-up in destination location/time zone||Minimum of 24 hours prior to pick-up in destination location/time zone.|
|First||Minimum of 4 hours prior to pick-up in destination location/time zone.||Minimum of 24 hours prior to pick-up in destination location/time zone.|
- In all other situations where you cancel a Booking or you or your Passengers do not appear for the Booking, a Cancellation Fee shall be charged.
11. GENERAL OBLIGATIONS
- We will use reasonable efforts to ensure the Driver provides a Vehicle which is in good working order and of the type you request when making the Booking. If the particular type of Vehicle requested is not available, the Driver may provide a reasonable alternative Vehicle. Whilst we shall use all reasonable endeavours to provide the Passenger Services within the timeframes indicated in the Booking, time shall not be of the essence.
- During the provision of any Passenger Services, you and your Passengers must:
- not smoke, including electronic cigarettes;
- not play any musical instrument or broadcast any recorded music;
- not consume alcohol nor be intoxicated;
- wear a seatbelt at all times whilst in the Vehicle;
- not engage in excessive physical contact;
- not behave in a disorderly, inappropriate, threatening or abusive manner, or be a nuisance, distraction or a danger to the Driver or other road users;
- unload and load your own luggage (including any bicycle or pet). Drivers may assist at their discretion; and
- not film or record inside the Vehicle at any time.
- If you and any Passengers do not comply with the above conditions, the Driver may refuse to commence or continue your Booking, and you shall be charged a Cancellation Fee.
- You are responsible for ensuring your Passengers comply with these terms.
- Drivers may, at their discretion, assist you or any Passenger needing assistance to enter or exit the Vehicle, but shall do so at your risk.
- Drivers are unable to allow more than two minutes embarkation or disembarkation time in a Restricted Street. Where additional time is required, the Driver shall use best efforts to find a nearby convenient location for you or your Passengers to embark into the Vehicle. A Waiting Time Fee may be payable.
12. PASSENGER PROPERTY
If you or any Passenger leaves any property in a Vehicle, we will not be responsible for such property. Where a Driver finds such property, we will use reasonable efforts to store the property for 28 days and you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with your booking number or journey information to have the property returned. After 28 days, we may return, sell, destroy or otherwise dispose of the property and we shall not be accountable to you for it.
13. PROHIBITED USE
- The Service is for your personal and non-commercial/business use and must only be used for the purposes of making Bookings as expressly described above. You must not use our Site, our App or the Service to do any of the following (each of which is strictly prohibited):
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Service;
- Infringe the privacy rights, property rights, or other civil rights of any person;
- Harvest, data-mine or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
- Use technology or other means to access our computer network, unauthorised content or non-public spaces;
- to use automated systems or software to extract data from our Site, our App or any platform that we operate;
- Introduce or attempt to introduce any viruses or any other harmful code, files or programs that interrupt or otherwise or limit the Service or our Site or our App’s functionality, or damage, disable or otherwise impair our servers or networks or attempt to do the same; or
- Engage in or encourage others to engage in criminal or unlawful conduct or breach these Terms including misuse of the Service for unlawful or unauthorised purposes.
- You agree not to breach these Terms in any way which may result in, among other things, termination or suspension of your access to the Service. You agree to indemnify and defend Addison Lee and its directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents, and affiliates, from any and all third-party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, legal fees) arising from your use (or misuse) of this Site, the App, or any platform we may operate, or your breach of the Terms and Conditions.
14. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Addison Lee, the Addison Lee logo, brand and all other intellectual property rights, trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with our Site, our App or the Service (whether registered or unregistered) belong to us or our licensors (as are applicable) and are protected by intellectual property law. Nothing in these Terms grants you any rights in our Site, our App or the Service or the content within the same, except in so far as such rights are necessary for you to make use of the Service. All rights are reserved.
15. NETWORK SERVICES
15. 1 You acknowledge that Network Services will be provided by Fulfilment Partners in locations where Addison Lee does not have Drivers available. You may order Network Services through the App or Site by placing a Booking, which will be received and processed by Addison Lee, acting on behalf of the Fulfilment Partner. A Booking for Network Services constitutes an offer by you to purchase Network Services. The obligation to provide Network Services creates a Contract between you and the Fulfilment Partner, as principal. For the avoidance of doubt, Addison Lee acts as agent on behalf of the Fulfilment Partner (including, without limitation, in relation to receiving and accepting Bookings and collection of Charges) and shall not be liable for the Network Services
15.2 Addison Lee shall procure that each Fulfilment Partner maintains motor liability insurance in accordance with the local laws in the territory in which the Fulfilment Partner provides Services. In addition, Addison Lee shall maintain excess and contingent motor liability insurance for third party bodily injury in excess of £5 million for each and every loss where the Booking is fulfilled by a Fulfilment Partner. Such insurance shall operate in circumstances where the Fulfilment Partner’s motor insurance is less than £5 million and/or in the event that the Fulfilment Partner’s insurance is not in full force and effect.
15.3 Exceptional circumstances, for example where a Passenger is stranded, Addison Lee shall offer to provide the Services using a non-vetted third party private hire or licensed taxi company. In such circumstances, you may choose to decline the Booking and Addison Lee will, have no other obligation or liability in relation to such Booking.
15.4 Addison Lee shall, with effect from the Effective Date, obtain and maintain during the Term: public liability insurance, and employer’s liability insurance; and motor insurance, as required by law.
As noted above, we act as an agent between you and the Driver or Fulfilment Partner (as applicable) for your Booking. We are not liable or responsible for the fulfilment of any Booking or the performance of the Driver or Vehicle, however, we will provide customer support services. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for addressing any claims you have as regards any Driver, however we may try to assist by providing customer services.
(a) Nothing in these Terms will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit and nothing in these Terms will exclude or limit our liability in respect of any: death or personal injury caused by our negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit. Other than as set out in this sub-paragraph (a), we are not liable to you for any indirect, consequential or special loss, and our liability to you is limited to the Charges paid for the Booking under which your claim for loss arose.
(b) We are not liable or responsible for any errors in or failure to provide the Service due to your error or failure to provide accurate and complete information.
(c) Whilst we make every effort to ensure that the Service is available, we do not enter into any agreement to the effect that the Service will be available at all times or that the use by you of the Service will be entirely uninterrupted or error-free. We reserve the right to suspend or cease the operation of all or part of the Service from time to time at our sole discretion.
(d) Our Site, our App and the Service are not intended for business use and are for consumer use only. In agreeing to these Terms you represent that your use of our Site, our App and the Service will not be for business purposes. In no event shall we be liable to you for any business losses including any relevant loss of use, loss of data, lost revenues, loss of goodwill, or loss of anticipated saving or profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of our Site, our App or the Service, or with the delay or inability to use our Site, our App or the Service, or with the provision of or failure to provide our Site, our App or the Service.
17. YOUR INFORMATION
At Addison Lee we’d be delighted to interact with and chat to you through social media. However, we can’t control those social media platforms or how you set your profiles on them. Please check and set your privacy settings (on social media platforms that you are registered with) so that you understand and are comfortable with how your personal information on those platforms will be used.
18. MODIFICATION AND TERMINATION
We may modify these Terms or terminate use of the Service at any time by publishing such change on our website, www.addisonlee.com. If you do not agree to any changes, you must stop using the Service. We may also change, suspend, terminate or discontinue any aspect of the Service including availability of certain features at any time for any reason.
If any provision of these Terms is deemed or becomes invalid, the validity of the other provisions shall not be affected.
20. FORCE MAJEURE
We shall not be in breach of these Terms nor liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of our obligations under these Terms if such delay or failure results from a circumstance not within our reasonable control. In such circumstances we shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of the time for performing such obligations.
21. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- You agree that these Terms for all purposes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You also agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts as regards any claim or matter arising under these Terms.
ADDITIONAL CHARGES – PASSENGER SERVICES
1. Cancellation Fees
The following Addison Lee Cancellation Charges shall apply to all bookings throughout the UK:
- Account Bookings – Minimum Cancellation on Arrival (COA) is £15.00 for any booking. Thereafter the charge will be dependent on the cancellation location and driver location. Charges are based on the initial £15.00 plus any additional surcharge applicable due to location of driver/vehicle as follows up to a maximum of £50.75 total per booking.
- Personal users -The Cancellation Fees are as follows:-
|Select and Select+||£10|
|Executive and First||£15|
Thereafter the charge will be dependent on the cancellation/driver location up to a maximum total of £50.75 total.
1. Parking Fees.
Entry and parking charges will be payable by the Customer as follows for key UK Airports or Stations:-
|Pick – Up||Rate||Parking Time|
|Heathrow Term 1,2,3, 4 & 5||£4.80||0-30 min|
|Pick – Up|
|Gatwick North & South Terminals||£4.80||0-30 min|
|Pick – Up|
|City Airport||£8.45||0-30 min|
|Pick – Up|
|£27.00||121- 240 min|
|£60.00||241 + min|
|Pick – Up|
|£33.00||241 – 300 mins|
|Pick – Up|
|Westfield Car Parks||£3.00||0- 60 min|
|£6.50||121 – 360 min|
|Pick – Up|
|St Pancras Eurostar||£6.00||0 – 20 Mins|
|£7.50||21 – 40 Mins|
|£8.50||41 – 60 Mins|
- Drop off charges
Where the booking is made to the following locations, drop-off charges are as follows: –
|City Airport||£4 for 10 mins then £1 per min there after|
|Flower, Fruit and Vegetable markets (van jobs)||£5|
ADDITIONAL CHARGES – COURIER SERVICES
Overnight and International charges
- Standard rates by zone
Prices are based on major cities only – a surcharge may apply to remote destinations.
|China||I||Italy||C||Poland||D||US Virgin Isles||I|
- Waiting Time Charges
|The following waiting time charges apply (per hour)|
|Direct Parcel Car||£25.00|
|Direct Small Van||£25.00|
|Direct Transit Van||£30.90|
We calculate the waiting time by dividing the charge by 60 minutes and multiplying by the number of chargeable minutes our courier was held waiting.
- Cancellation Charges
|Direct Parcel Car||£12.65|
|Direct Small Van||£13.95|
|Direct Transit Van||£25.70|
Cancellation charges will apply once a courier has been assigned to a booking job reference number. All jobs cancelled before the courier is assigned will not incur a cancellation charge.
- Out of Hours Charges
|Direct Transit Van||£40.00|
We only provide transit vans and Luton vehicles out of hours. The out of hour charge is a surcharge levied in addition to the cost of transporting your goods.
- Luton Van Charge
|Additional hourly rate||£40.00*|
|Cancelled on arrival||£40.00|
|Out of hours||£50.00|
*Luton vans are charged by the hour which is charged by the full hour. If a job from W1 to W1 takes longer than 60 minutes, an additional £40 is chargeable.
Prices are exclusive of VAT.
If a Vehicle has been allocated an Account Booking and arrives at the Collection Address outside of the north and south circular boundary, a charge equal to the full journey made (from Central London) is charged.
In the event that a Vehicle is cancelled on arrival at the Collection Address within the north and south circular boundary the section 2 charges apply for each Vehicle type.
- International and Overnight fees
From any central London postcode for next working day delivery anywhere throughout mainland UK
|Saturday Delivery (Additional Charge)||+ £28.88|
|UK Collections (Outside London)||+ £23.10|
Latest collection time – 7pm (central London)
All prices up to 10kg per consignment
Each additional kilo is charged at £1.21
Late collection surcharge (after 5pm) £7.50
Late collection surcharge (after 5.30pm) £30.00 – Internationals
(Please note collections outside central London may incur a surcharge depending on location