Addison Lee – The ultimate Valentines date Ts & Cs
These are the rules (the “Rules”) that govern Addison Lee’s Valentine’s Day promotion (the “Promotion”):
- The promoter of the Promotion is Addison Lee Limited (company number 01205530) whose registered office is at 35-37 William Road, London, NW1 3ER (“Addison Lee”) (the “Promoter”)
- The Promotion is open to non-account customers of Addison Lee who book and take a journey in London or Manchester using the Addison Lee mobile application (the “App”) during the Promotional Period. The journey must be paid for by credit or debit card and the entrant must be a UK resident aged 18 or over (each an “Entrant”). Each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Rules and the decisions of the Promoter, which shall be final and binding with respect to all aspects of the Promotion.
- An Entrant, whose entry is selected as the potential winning entry for the prize must remain in compliance with the Rules. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Entrants to take part in the Promotion. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entry.
- The Promotion is only open to non-account customers of Addison Lee. The following are not eligible to participate:
1. employees of the Promoter and their immediate families and anyone professionally connected with the Promotion;
2.employees of any company responsible for redemption of prizes/vouchers or for supplying prizes for the Promotion and their respective franchisees, subsidiaries, agents and advisors;
3.other persons assisting with this Promotion;
4.any person not being an individual natural person;
5.any syndicate or collection of persons acting in concert; and
6.any person entering via an agent or using the services of or which is an entity carrying on the business of entering (or advising on entering) prize promotions.
5. The booker of the journey will be entered into the Promotion. The passenger will not be entered into the Promotion unless the booker and the passenger are the same person.
6. One entry per person is permitted. Entries made by anyone found to be using multiple accounts for the purposes of entering the Promotion shall be ineligible.
7. The promotional period runs between (and including) 00:01 BST on 1 February 2018 and 16:59 on 9 February 2018 (the “Promotional Period”).
8. Requirements for entries. Entrants will automatically be entered into the Promotion if they book a journey using the Addison Lee mobile application and take a journey in London or Manchester with Addison Lee during the Promotional Period and pay for such journey using a credit or debit card.
9. Entries submitted outside of the Promotional Period shall not be valid or counted.
10. The Promotion is free to enter and no additional purchase other than the ordinary cost of a journey is necessary to enter or win.
11. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
12. Entrants are responsible for all costs and expenses relating to participation in the Promotion, such as the cost of accessing the internet.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to exclude any entries which it believes to be fraudulent or based on misconduct, or if, in its reasonable opinion, it considers that there is a significant risk that the Entrant may bring the Addison Lee brand into disrepute.
14. There is (1) prize available which consists of:
i. £250 of Ticketmaster vouchers; and
ii. a return journey for the winner in an executive vehicle provided by Addison Lee from either a London address (within zones 1-6 (as determined by TfL)) or a Manchester address to be taken before 23.59 on 31 December 2018. The maximum journey distance is 50 miles each way (100 miles in total for the return journey) and the outbound and return leg must be taken on the same day. To book the journey, the winner must email Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com at least 24 hours before the start of the journey. The outbound and return legs must be booked at the same time.
15. The Winner will be drawn on 9 February 2018 at 17:00 by Addison Lee. The winner will be selected at random using a computer program producing a verifiably random draw from all valid entries submitted.
16. The winner will be notified by telephone on 9 February 2018 and if contact can’t be made by telephone, Addison Lee will send an email to the email address of the relevant booker. If the winner fails to respond to the phone call and/or email by 23:59 on 11th February 2018, the Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to withdraw the prize or draw an alternative winner.
17. The Prize includes only those items listed in paragraph 14 above.
18. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified in these Rules as being provided are the sole responsibility of the winner. The winner may not substitute, assign or transfer the prize, but the Promoter reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to substitute the prize with one of comparable or greater value.
19. Addison Lee is not responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions, or any act or omissions whatsoever by any other promoter, any third party prize providers or any other persons involved in providing any prize-related goods or services.
20. In order to claim the prize, the winner may be asked for identification that matches their entry details. Addison Lee reserves the right to validate any claim and may ask for proof of identity and/or address and/or age.
21. No part of the prize may be exchanged for any cash or other alternative, it is not transferable, divisible, permitted to be sold or resold and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. The prize cannot be replaced or refunded in the event of loss, theft or missed opportunity. In the event that Addison Lee wishes to increase the prize pool for the Promotion, it may (but shall not be obliged to) do so.
22. If the prize is un-awarded, unclaimed or subject to claims which become invalid or which are adjudged void at any time, the prize will lapse and may be re-awarded by Addison Lee (but without obligation to do so). This includes any prize where the winner responds to Addison Lee’s email or telephone call after the timeframe provided for response. Addison Lee does not accept any liability for delay or non-delivery of notification emails or voicemails to the winner.
23. Details of the winner can be obtained by contacting the Customer Services number notified on www.addisonlee.com and obtaining the contact name and address to which to send an envelope with a signed hand-written specific request and a stamped addressed envelope.
24. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the prize will be awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
25. As a condition of entering, Entrants agree that to the extent permitted by law, Addison Lee, and its parent company, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, franchisees, prize providers, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”) are released, will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by Entrants against any liability for any losses or damages of any kind to property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize or participation in this Promotion or any Promotion-related activities. Nothing in these Rules shall be construed to limit or exclude any liability of a Released Party for fraudulent misrepresentation, fraud, death or personal injury caused by the Released Party’s negligence or any other liability to the extent the same may not be excluded or limited as a matter of law.
26. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Addison Lee excludes all liability for any costs, expenses, loss or damage including indirect, consequential or economic losses arising (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) out of or in connection with an Entrant’s participation in the Promotion, entry into these Rules or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
27. All winners agree to take part in reasonable, unpaid publicity on behalf of Addison Lee including being announced as a winner on Addison Lee’s social media accounts along with their first name and prize. Such publicity and advertising may take place at any time or date after the entry has been submitted. No further consideration will be given for this.
28. The winner agrees that Addison Lee may use his/her name, image and likeness in any manner (including a photograph, film or recording of the same) and in any medium for its promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
30. Any enquiries about personal information held by Addison Lee, including any request for deletion of personal data, may be made by contacting the Customer Services number notified on the Contact Us section of www.addisonlee.com.
31. Entrants must have a valid Addison Lee account and be logged in to the App to enter.
32. Addison Lee is not responsible for any unavailability of the App that may interfere with the Promotion or ability of Entrants to timely enter, receive notices or communicate with Addison Lee in which case Addison Lee, in its sole discretion, may terminate or modify the Promotion.
33. Addison Lee may: (i) extend any time limit or waive any of the Rules where a person might otherwise have been disqualified (without obliging Addison Lee to relax the Rules on any further occasion for that Entrant or at all for any other person); (ii) terminate, extend or suspend the Promotion at any time where this is necessary or desirable due to supervening circumstances beyond Addison Lee’s control; and (iii) substitute a product deemed to be an appropriate replacement and of equal or greater value in the place of any of the prizes (or any part of a prize to the extent divisible). Addison Lee’s decision in the exercise or interpretation of any of its rights or discretions in connection with these Rules shall be final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into.
34. The Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to disqualify Entrants that do not comply with these Rules or the spirit thereof or any Entrant who it reasonably believes has interfered with the fair running of the Promotion. The decision of Addison Lee is final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into about it.
35. No term of these Rules shall be enforceable by any person who is not a party to them, save that, to the extent Addison Lee deems it appropriate, Addison Lee shall be entitled to treat any of their rights under the Rules as having been granted for the benefit of their group companies, and/or one or more of their agencies and commercial partners.
36. These Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute arising in connection with the Promotion or these Rules.
 A journey within zones 1-6 (as determined by TfL)
 Manchester postcodes to be inserted