Addison Lee is on a long-term journey to deliver a new consolidated global service, building on its world-leading regional ground transportation services. In support of this, our IT Service Operation is looking to expand as it moves to a 24/7 operation!
Our 1st Line Service Desk Engineers are the first point of contact for Addison Lee Group, Tristar and external stakeholders when required. The Service Desk Engineer will support our Global Operations on a 24/7 shift pattern and support users across 1st and 2nd line support.
Work will be undertaken in accordance with service level agreements to ensure that all support calls and help desk requests are dealt with appropriately and in accordance with defined policies and procedures.
The key tasks of the role:
- Ensure support calls are logged, updated and followed through to resolution on the helpdesk system.
- Resolve 2nd line support incidents on the network, VOIP phones, servers, workstations, printers & mobile devices.
- To escalate more complex calls to the relevant IT Support member
- Administration of Active Directory Users and Computers
- Set-up new starters on the system
- Carry out day to day maintenance, administration and support on all computer systems as per the daily operations check list.
- Email server mailbox maintenance including archiving
- Asset management and tracking
- Work with project teams to help implement internal systems
- Familiarise yourself with the network and all applications and increase your understanding of the system interfaces and operational interdependencies
Service Desk Engineer will have:
- At least 1 years’ experience as a 1st and 2nd line support engineer in a windows environment
- Active Directory administration experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience documenting processes or improving processes in a role
- User support online and onsite with customers
Our Service Desk runs a 24/7 shift rota – this is ran across the function and will involve a 1 in 4 late shift pattern. This is an important part of incident management for the business and will be covered by a shift allowance.
From time to time it may be necessary for the jobholder to be flexible in meeting the needs of the company and its customers. This may require the jobholder to work extra hours or carry out other duties, which are not listed in this description.Apply