Primarily a commercial role, you will have proven experience at developing client accounts for both sales and profitability. You will be a relationship builder and a problem solver who wants to take responsibility for your key accounts. The position will suit someone with a proven commercial record of achievement probably gained within a sales environment together with an account management background with proven client liaison experience.
The ADM will need to successfully protect and grow their account base, minimising churn and maximising revenues to achieve growth. The ADM will display exceptional sales and account-handling skills to ensure their clients have the best business experience. Your responsibilities involve all aspects of the client relationship and account performance and carries a major accountability to upsell / cross sell Addison Lee transport and delivery products.
We would envisage that successfully carried out, the Account Development Manager would be spending around 70% of their time on account development and 30% of their time on account service delivery.
• Plan, prioritise and manage activities to achieve sales/revenue and retention targets.
• Develop, agree and implement sales development plans for a specific number of key accounts (anything up to 30 key accounts depending upon size and maturity of accounts).
• Maintain, develop and foster effective relationships and performance management across all the relevant levels of account organisations.
• Ensure all account information such as contract data, spend and profitability are maintained. Ensure contracts are entered into and maintained in a timely and profitable manner.
• Develop client accounts for sales and profitability. Ensure upselling and cross selling opportunities are developed by establishing a sound understanding of what current and potential business needs are; aim to achieve an increased share of account “wallet.”
• Act as the main point of contact to the key accounts; within Addison Lee, lead and co-ordinate other departments such as Service Management and the Customer Relations contact centre to provide a seamless one Addison Lee team.
• Ensure that client expectations are met, co-ordinating resolution of any escalation of service issues and system service failures.
Level of education/ training
• Graduate calibre.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Sales and/or other relevant commercial experience where evidence of sales and profit achievement can be demonstrated.
• Ideally, commercial experience has been gained in at least two organisations where evidence of mastering a set of accounts and growing share of wallet can be demonstrated
• Account management experience achieved in small, medium and large accounts
• Evidence of working across client organisations with successful interventions up to and including senior corporate levels
• Highly commercial; self-starting with the drive to increase sales and profitability
• Excellent relationship skills; the ability to interact at all levels
• Ability to work independently and on own initiative but also able to lead and co-ordinate teams
• An ability to communicate, negotiate and influence effectively
• Systematic and logical approach to problem solving and a capacity to work around problems
• Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload accordingly
• Tenacious and able to motivate others in support of the needs of the role
• Highly numerate and adept at analysing and manipulating data in order to build strong and persuasive selling messages
• Excellent negotiation skills, with the ability to deliver valuable outcomes to customers and their business