Main Functions of Job
- Build and develop a team of insight analysts to meet the business needs, and take charge of all steps in recruitment to achieve this
- Provide technical leadership to the team of insight analysts, ensuring best practice and standards are maintained throughout the analysis development life-cycle.
- Provide staff management and personal development including identifying training needs, managing performance through KPIs, and conducting any necessary recruitment
- Accountable and responsible for delivering customer and operations analysis and insights which supports business decision making
- Work closely with stakeholders at all levels of the business from the CEO down to gain a detailed understanding of the customers and the operations
- Provide the business with analytical input to support development of customer strategy, marketing strategy, and product development
- Design and roll-out clear and logical processes to support the gathering of requirements, prioritisation of requests and delivery of high quality briefings, presentations and reports
- Deploy most appropriate data analysis techniques, exploit existing data tools and propose alternatives
- Undertake analysis which quantifies marketing opportunities, using up-to-date knowledge of business targets, pricing strategy and other key aspects of the business
- Act as a primary point of contact to the business for insight and analysis queries, and support the data and insights in key operational and decision making meetings
- Manage, prioritise and track all analysis requests raised by the business and ensure these are resolved to meet business expectations.
- Build good relationships with a range of stakeholders across the business.
- Identify future information needs and work with the Data Engineering Team to ensure appropriate data structures are in place to accommodate these.
- Proactively resolve problems and issues affecting the progress of the Insights Team, using initiative to ensure delivery timelines are not impacted, and working across the internal IT team, the business and 3rd party suppliers as required.
- Provide accurate and regular status updates, and immediately notify the Head of Data / internal requirements owner if there is a concern about the ability to deliver according to expectations on time or quality.
- Champion the use of analytical toolsets within the Business, identifying opportunities for self-service reporting and reducing the reliance on the insights team for ad-hoc requests.
People Dealt With
- Executive Team
- Heads of, Managers and other key initiative leaders
· Client Services Team
· Reporting Team
· Data Engineering Team
· 3rd party partners and customers
· IT Team
- Haulmont Development Team
- Other colleagues as required
Systems / Equipment Used
Primary computer systems used: Python, R, SAP BI 4.1, Razor SQL\Toad\SQL Workbench, Excel (Advanced), MS Productivity suite
- Degree Level in a mathematics / computer science based discipline
- Previous experience as a data and insights team lead.
- Demonstrable track record of using advanced data mining and statistical techniques, predicative modelling and regression models
- Previous experience providing technical leadership to a team of data and insight analysts in both support and development activities.
- Highly computer literate. Expert with SQL and T-SQL and MS Office.
- Expertise with SAP BI reporting and visualisation tools
- Proven experience working in a Data Warehousing environment, and deploying appropriate development methods and approaches.
- Proven experience of managing development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, planning, testing, deployment and support.
- Track record of responding to business urgencies, prioritising work accordingly.
- Able to work autonomously
- Proven ability of communicating effectively and in a timely fashion at both senior business stakeholder and developer level
- Passionate about data analysis and insights and takes pride in ensuring the information needs of the business are met.
- Good attention to detail.
- Have the ability to work as part of the team as well as individually – a self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Good time keeping, and respectful of the company policies, setting a good precedent for Integration Team members
- Python, R
- Lumira, Tableau, Qlikview
- SAP Dashboard Builder
- Sybase IQ or ASE.