Addison Lee Group Head office have moved to Paddington! Our London HQ looks after our enabling functions including; Finance, IT, HR, Sales, Marketing, Data, Legal and more. Embedded within Addison Lee Group is our Operational Finance function.
Operational Finance owns the financial processes and service deliverables for our Customers, Suppliers and Drivers alike. The Operational Finance functional umbrella captures several teams. (Cash & Bank, Accounts Payable, Customer Invoicing, Driver Pay, Revenue Protection and Credit Control, a team of approximately 50 staff.
Within Operational Finance is our talented Cash & Banking team! They are responsible for the management of the bank accounts, cashflow, payment processing, and the allocation of payments and receipts to the customer and supplier accounts at Addison Lee Group.
The team are looking to recruit a Cash and Bank Transactions Manager on a perm basis. Leading a team of 5 Finance Assistants; the Cash & Bank Transactions Manager will manage the team to both maintain and improve controlled cash management and payment processes.
It will be key to manage and lead the development of the individuals within the Cash and Bank Transactions team. Therefore, proven experience as a manager within a finance function will be essential for this role.
- Lead and develop the Cash and Bank Transactions team including maximizing performance and productivity, recruitment and service deliveries.
- Monitor and manage the cashflow across the various bank accounts, supporting forecasting
- Deliver an efficient payment processing service, ensuring payments are managed and controlled, and funds are in place to support the payment requests.
- Deliver customer invoicing, ensuring accuracy and timely submission to customers in line with customer invoicing requirements.
- Controls implementation and management; including payment processing, bank transaction posting & invoicing.
- Designated reconciliations including bank accounts, control accounts, credit card, house accounts and journals.
- Delivery of MI, supporting the management of tasks across the team.
- Accurate and timely allocation of receipts to customer invoices.
- Regular processing of credit card and debit card payment runs, ensuring controls completed and reconciliation and further processing of rejected items.
- Lead the bank relationships, ensuring the mandate is up to date.
- Own and manage the bank and payments software, ensuring controls are in place.
- Control all payments, ensuring completeness and a full understanding and audit trail is maintained.
Attributes & Experience required:
- Strong leader of people, commercial acumen with the experience operating proactively in finance
- Experience developing effective reporting, including MI, process measures, backlogs (Strong excel)
- Accounts Payable professional – technical AP experience
- Strong understanding of double entry and balance sheet reconciliations
- Good understanding of VAT treatments and expense coding
- Experience of developing the use of Purchase Orders and using relevant exception reports
- Strong experience of invoice and supplier workflows
- Experience managing all levels of stakeholder management and communication, internal and external
- A people manager – mentoring and developing people
- Solutions-minded – experience implementing process improvements
- Analytical and numerate