The Credit Control team owns the remit to minimise the amount of customer debt being owed to the Addison Lee Group (Addison Lee and Tristar Worldwide) by our Business-to-Business (B2B) Customer base.
Our B2B Customers make payment via BACS, Direct Debit or Credit Cards. The larger Global, Key and Major account debt is collected by some of the team who work very closely with our Sales Account Management, whilst the remainder of the Credit Control Team collects B2B debt owed by Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs).
This high volume, low value Telephony role resides in the SME Collections team and works very closely with others across Cash & Bank transactions, Invoicing and Customer Experience team colleagues to ensure that all are joined-up for the relationship with these Customers.
About The Role…
- Make a positive contribution to B2B/SME debt collection performance and service standards
- Support regular management of outbound campaigns
- Support timely and efficient management of inbound telephony, email queries and offers to pay
- Ensure the prompt and timely collection of overdue debt with effective Customer communication
- Resolve queries in a proficient and timely manner
- Ensure credit and collection policies and procedures are adhered to
- Monitor debtor balances to ensure a reduction in aged debt and debtors Days Sales Outstanding (DSO)
- Build interdependent relationships across Customer Service, Finance and Sales
Skills & Experience…
- 3 Years Credit / Collection experience
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good business acumen for problem solving
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office packages
- Pro-active and self-directed
- Confident to deal with both senior management and external clients
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise a demanding workload
- A Service professional – where debt collection is viewed as a means of customer retention
- Broad experience and knowledge of end-to-end customer service, invoicing and payment process
- Excellent team player; approachable, confident and prepared to work in a lively environment