Headquartered in London Paddington W2, and embedded within Addison Lee Finance, is Operational Finance. Operational Finance owns the financial processes and service deliverables for our Customers, Suppliers and Drivers alike.
The Operational Finance functional umbrella captures a number of teams. (Cash & Bank, Accounts Payable, Customer Invoicing, Driver Pay, Revenue Protection and Credit Control, a team of approximately 50 staff.
Main Function of the Role
Preliminary across Tristar ledgers and Cash & Bank operations supporting as a team member across entities. The purpose of the role is to ensure that Revenue is posted and allocated on the customer accounts. Verifying postings and work out discrepancies and problems on the customer accounts.
These tasks must be done promptly and specifically to daily and monthly deadlines. Reconciling control and balance sheet accounts for the various income streams on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Responsible for Posting all BACS/Unallocated Cash receipts onto Coda and Client Accounts
- Running weekly unallocated cash reports and investigating unallocated receipts in a timely manner
- Liaising with Credit Control regarding chasing remittances, payment queries, rejected card payments, rejected card payment reporting, etc.
- Maintaining the Suspense account. Resolving unidentified receipts and posting them across to customer accounts once identified
- Entering w/o reversal journals where necessary
- Running daily bank statements
- Bank reconciliation across the Addison Lee Group Bank Accounts
- Collection of Direct Debits, Debit and Credit Card payments – Reconciling Cards Control account, ensuring these are charged in a timely and accurate manner
- Responsible for the credit card charge-back process (B2B)
- Invoicing out generically onto customer’s portal. Dispute Resolution: Log onto customers Portal, logging a Dispute, etc.
- Invoice Billing reconciliation (into CODA)
- Providing cover across processes – mirroring of colleague’s tasks (Cross-training)
- Weekly and Monthly reconciliations of control and Balance sheet accounts
- Ensure timely and accurate support for Month end / Year end deadlines Assist the team in implementing new procedures to improve on current processes and keeping them up to date
- Ensuring KPI s and Performance targets are met
- Building and maintaining relationships with both Internal and External stakeholders
- Assisting with audit requests
- Complying with Company policies and procedures
Skills & Experience
- Positive & pro-active approach
- Attention to Detail and Right First Time attitude
- Organised to be able to prioritise work
- Investigative skills / Common Sense / Able to think ‘Outside of the Box’
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to liaise with people on all levels (Stakeholders, Senior Managers, etc.)