Addison Lee Group HQ in London is home to the IT Services hub. The UK IT organisation forms the major part of ALG’s Global IT capability, supporting all aspects of the UK operation as well as delivering shared Global technology functions and capabilities.
We are looking to speak to Infrastructure Engineers for a number of opportunities across:
- Office 365
Across all positions; the desired professional will be a subject matter expert who can lead, support BAU and IT projects for the Group.
Senior Infrastructure Engineer – Linux
We are looking for a skilled Red Hat Linux administrator who is experienced in working in an enterprise environment, and has strong technical, organisational and communication skills. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establishing the Windows and Linux environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting and enforcing system standards
- Designing and implementing new solutions and improving resilience of the current environment
- Maximizing server performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with architects on network optimisation
- Undertaking fault investigations of the Linux environment, using information from multiple sources
- Securing systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access
- Reporting server operational status by gathering and prioritising information and managing projects
- Upgrading servers and software to the latest stable releases
What experience are we looking for?
- At least three years’ experience in an IT Systems Administration role or similar, ideally within an environment handling 200+ servers
- Completed several IT projects, where you were responsible for designing and implementing highly available and resilient solutions
- Red Hat Linux certified with hands on experience in Red Hat 5.x/ 6.x
- Expert level knowledge of configuration managers (Ansible)
- Strong scripting, system security and automation skills
- Expertise in implementation and system administration of a diverse OS environment
- Hands on experience in Virtualisation and Cloud solutions (e.g. VMWare, Azure, AWS)
- Strong TCP/IP and network/security component knowledge (e.g. Switches, Firewalls, VPNs)
- Knowledge of core Infrastructure services and functions (DNS, DHCP, LDAP, etc.)
- Working and practical experience of ITIL
- Strong problem solving ability ranging from conceptualisation to implementation
- Self-motivated, good communication skills, with a positive attitude and team spirit
- Knowledge of SAN & NAS and Host connectivity to both
- Experience with configuration and maintenance of standard IT system administration tools such as deployment, backup, anti-virus, remote access and authentication solutions
Normal hours are to work for 8 hours a day (plus 1 hour lunch) at agreed times between 7am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.
24×7 on call to be provided for one week in 4.
Every day is different at Addison Lee as we acquire new businesses and continue to grow internationally.
Please get in touch for a confidential conversation on current and future Infrastructure/IT opportunities with Addison Lee!Apply