As a Key Account Manager (KAM) your primary role will be to identify and realise incremental revenue growth from within your client portfolio. You will be tasked with promoting and growing client spend across the whole range of solutions.
You will be a tenacious relationship builder and problem solver taking responsibility for an extensive and prestigious account portfolio. The position will suit an individual with a fervent interest in the business world and strong desire to excel within a commercial role.
The KAM will utilise sales and account-handling skills to ensure their clients enjoy a mutually beneficial business relationship. The responsibilities will include all aspects of the client relationship along with ownership of the target, forecast and revenue number.
- Achievem onthly, quarterly and yearly revenue targets across the account portfolio
- Plan, prioritise and manage the customer relationship to achieve maximum account penetration and share of wallet
- Maintain and develop effective relationships across all the relevant levels of the Account base
- Ensure upselling and cross-selling opportunities are developed and won
- Demonstrable success within an Account Management/New Business role with experience in selling to the FTSE 250/Fortune 500 or at ‘C’ Level
- A strong sense of commercial acumen with the ability to plan and execute a business strategy in a methodical manner
- Sales experience within a highly structured and target based environment
- Demonstrable experience in selling a complex/global solution to a multi-site customer
Special aptitudes/ personal characteristics:
- Highly commercial; self-starting with the drive to increase sales and revenue
- Excellent relationship skills; the ability to interact at all levels
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative
- An ability to communicate, negotiate and influence effectively
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload accordingly
- Excellent negotiation skills, with the ability to deliver valuable outcomes to customers and their business