The Addison Lee Group (ALG) UK Fleet comprises of over 5,500 Drivers, Chauffeurs and Vehicles. A business that was predominantly based in Central London, we have rapidly expanded across the UK and specifically in the North West where a fleet of over 300 vehicles are now based. After an exciting few years of growth across the UK and Internationally we are now seeking an Operations Manager to provide tactical leadership across the operational teams based in the North of the UK.
The role will support on business development activity in addition to supporting the sales and commercial functions with operational know how required to grow and scale the business. The Operations Manager will also oversee the team’s day-to-day operations across the North including Contact Centre, Car Control, Allocation, Chauffeur Management, Driver Recruitment, Fleet and Service Assurance.
In summary the Operations Manager will be tasked with bringing the operational teams across the North of the UK together and making sure everyone is working in sync to drive continued growth outside of the London operation. This role will also involve liaising with the Leadership teams across London to ensure the overall performance of the North is on target and working cohesively to deliver against the Addison Lee Group’s strategy.
- Facilitate operational performance reviews with our people, teams, suppliers and partners, ensure tools and processes are built to enable delivery
- Ensure the efficient and cost-effective allocation of supply to NW Airline clients, Executive and Standard bookings
- Improve process and apply lean management to our operating structure where applicable
- Ensure client retention and business growth by achieving and exceeding SLA performance
- Support the local management teams in engagement with Chauffeurs/Drivers through proactive and supportive control
- Develop an achievable plan for succession planning, training and systems integration
- Understand the needs of our different supply groups – PAYE Chauffeurs, Self-Employed and Affiliates
- Track and evolve the required performance dashboards, KPIS, operational measurement and reporting that support the business and the P&L (North)
- Support in developing the ALG UK North strategy for operations, fleet management organisation, operation and infrastructure
- Lead operational teams in large mobilisation activity, service provision transfers and M&A activity
- Mobilise teams to deliver new business start-up opportunities (e.g. new airport concession, new Emirates business)
- Manage the ongoing operational improvement projects and transformation agenda
- A strong influencer and all-round operator with strong commercial acumen and people skills
- Comfortable working in a matrix structure
- Understands the importance of Customer at the heart of what we do
- Experience and expertise in logistics and large-scale operations preferably within ground transportation/motor or aviation industries
- Awareness of the manufacturing/motor industry and agenda around PHEV, EHV, Autonomous
- PCO Knowledge (advantageous)
- Managing employed/self-employed models (advantageous)
- Managing cost against budgets
- Leadership and excellent management skills
- Strong supplier relationship skills
- Negotiation and influencing
- Commercial acumen
- Continuous improvement mind-set
- Ability to work under pressure, problem solver & self-starter
- Company benefits including Pension Scheme, Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance Childcare Vouchers, and Travel Insurance.
- Staff Discount
- Healthy and wellbeing allowance
- 25 Days Annual Leave.
- 10% company performance related bonus