ADDISON LEE COMPLETES ACQUISITION OF BLACK TAXI OPERATOR COMCAB
Addison Lee has today announced the completion of its acquisition of Computer Cab plc (ComCab). The completion finalises the purchase of the London operations of ComCab, City Fleet Networks and Flightlink International from the ComfortDelGro Corporation.
The deal strengthens Addison Lee’s market leading position, making it the capital’s largest private hire and taxi company as well as London’s largest same day courier business.
Addison Lee’s CEO, Liam Griffin, commented on the completion: “With restrictions in the capital set to lift shortly, business and passenger travel will increase. By uniting Addison Lee and ComCab under one roof, we become the market leader in offering Londoners safety, premium quality, and professional service at scale in the capital.”
Notes to editors
About Addison Lee
- Addison Lee is London’s largest premium managed car and courier service, carrying nearly 7 million passengers and over 2 million deliveries across the capital every year in its 4000 strong fleet, none more than 3 years old.
- Established in 1974, ComCab is the longest standing black taxi fleet in the capital, operating over 2,500 iconic black taxis across London. 25% of our operating fleet are low emission vehicles, helping reduce carbon emissions and creating a greener transport infrastructure. ComCab offers unrivalled coverage and flexibility to London’s business community and valued private clients within the city and surrounding areas. Drivers have on average 20 years’ experience in the industry and have all passed the world renowned ‘Knowledge of London’. ComCab is an award-winning business with a community first ethos and have been recognised for keeping London moving during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Our courier service is the largest same-day courier in London.
- AL Now offers London’s businesses a two-hour delivery window
- Collections up to 7pm for next working day delivery
- Same day courier service will have your parcel collected quickly and delivered efficiently
- Every parcel is electronically tracked, with proof of delivery
- Dedicated fleet of bicycles, cars, motorbikes, and vans
- Couriers practice social distancing when delivering your packages
- Safety and hygiene are at the core of Addison Lee’s service, which is used by 80% of the FTSE100.
- Our Safer Journey Initiative is designed to ensure the safety of both our drivers and passengers, with our drivers rated on their approach to cleanliness every journey by our customers and a network of mobile quality assessors ensuring our standards are adhered to.
- The first UK ground transport business to launch a booking app, Addison Lee offers 24/7, 365 days a year customer service through app, web, and phone.
- A consortium led by Liam Griffin (CEO) and Cheyne Capital’s Strategic Value Credit business completed a buy-out of the company in March 2020
London’s largest private hire and taxi firm Addison Lee has today announced an investment in 600 brand new, zero-emission capable …
Partnership will see Addison Lee partner drivers provided with access to over 20 charging networks …