Addison Lee delivers Christmas cheer to London’s Centrepoint residents
Addison Lee – London’s largest premium car and courier service – partnered with Centrepoint to deliver Christmas presents to homeless young people in London this week, as part of the charity’s annual gift drive.
Gifts donated by Centrepoint’s corporate partners and their employees, were delivered by Addison Lee couriers to young people at Centrepoint hostels in the capital. Joining the delivery crew were Sadie Frost, long term ambassador for Centrepoint, and Nickie Aiken, MP for Cities of London and Westminster.
Last month, Addison Lee also launched a campaign that sees the company make a donation to Centrepoint for every private hire booking made via its app in November and December.
Patrick Gallagher, COO at Addison Lee, said: ‘’London has been Addison Lee’s home for 45 years, so it is important to us that we are able to partner with a charity committed to helping its young people. 2020 hasn’t been easy for anyone, but it has been especially difficult for those without a home. By getting involved in this year’s gift drive, we hope that Addison Lee can help to deliver some festive cheer to Centrepoint residents and let them know that people are thinking of them.’’
Balbir Chatrik, director of policy at Centrepoint, said: “This year has been a huge challenge for everyone but, for charities like Centrepoint and the young people we support, it has been especially tough.
“We all know this is shaping up to be a Christmas like no other and that is what makes support like this week’s Gift Drive all the more important. We can’t thank Addison Lee enough for their work in helping us get presents out to the homeless young people they support, I know it will make a huge difference when it comes to the big day and, hopefully, it will give them a chance of a brighter New Year.”
Sadie Frost, long term ambassador for Centrepoint, said: ‘’ Centrepoint is a charity I have worked closely with for a long time, I believe it’s unacceptable for anyone to be homeless in this day and age. All young people should have a roof over their head and be supported in every way possible, especially in times like these.’’
– ENDS –
Notes to editors:
About Addison Lee
- Addison Lee is London’s largest premium managed car and courier service, carrying nearly 7 million passengers and over 2 million deliveries across the capital every year in its 4500 strong fleet, none more than 3 years old.
- Our courier service is the largest and most reliable in London.
- Safety and hygiene are at the core of Addison Lee’s service, which is used by 80% of the FTSE100.
- Our Safer Journey Initiative is designed to ensure the safety of both our drivers and passengers, with our drivers rated on their approach to cleanliness every journey by our customers and a network of mobile quality assessors ensuring our standards are adhered to
- Centrepoint is the leading charity for homeless young people aged 16-25.
- Centrepoint operates nationally, with bases in London, Manchester, the North East and Yorkshire
- Centrepoint supports 15,000 vulnerable young people a year by providing accommodation, teaching valuable life skills, tackling their physical and mental health issues and working with them to get them into education or employment.
- The Freephone Centrepoint Helpline is available for any young person aged 16-25 worried about homelessness. It is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. The Centrepoint Helpline number is: 0808 800 0661.
- HRH The Duke of Cambridge became Centrepoint’s Patron in 2005.
- This years’ gift drive was supported a number of delivery partners, including Addison Lee
- For more information, please visit centrepoint.org.uk.