These are the rules (the “Rules”) that govern the Addison Lee best dressed Christmas promotion (the “Promotion”) taking place between (and including) 10:00am on Tuesday 10th December 2019 and 23:59pm on Saturday 21st December (the “Promotional Period”):
1. The promoter of the Promotion is Addison Lee Limited (company number 01205530) whose registered office is at The Point, 37 North Wharf Road, London, W2 1AF (“Addison Lee”)
2. Each person who enters the Promotion (each an “Entrant”) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Rules and the decisions of Addison Lee, which shall be final and binding with respect to all aspects of the Promotion.
3. An Entrant, whose entry is selected as a potential winning entry for the prize must remain in compliance with the Rules. Addison Lee reserve the right to verify the eligibility of Entrants to take part in the Promotion. Addison Lee may require such information as they consider reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entry.
4. The Promotion is open to new and existing customers who are aged 18 or on the day of entry. The following are not eligible to participate:
i. employees of Addison Lee and their immediate families and anyone professionally connected with the Promotion; employees of any company responsible for redemption of prizes/vouchers or for supplying prizes for the Promotion and their respective franchisees, subsidiaries, agents and advisors; other persons assisting with this Promotion; any person not being an individual natural person; any syndicate or collection of persons acting in concert; any person entering via an agent or using the services of or which is an entity carrying on the business of entering (or advising on entering) prize promotions; and any individual who is an employee of an Addison Lee group business client and had entered this competition using an Instagram, Facebook or Twitter account associated with their employer.
5. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Promotion. Entries made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified.
6. Entrants must ensure all participants involved in the promotion are 18+.
7. To enter the Promotion all Entrants must during the Promotional Period:
i. follow @AddisonLeeCabs on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter, depending on the chosen entry platform (if the Entrant is not following already);
ii. Upload a picture of an Addison Lee Christmas wrapped car or themselves in their best dressed Christmas photograph inside or outside an Addison Lee car to their personal Instagram, Facebook or Twitter profile (depending on chosen entry platform), tag @AddisonLeeCabs and use the hashtag #FestiveLee in the caption;
iii. like the Addison Lee Cabs post relating to this Christmas competition on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter (depending on chosen entry platform); and
iv. tag a friend in the comments of the Addison Lee Cabs post relating to this Christmas competition on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter (depending on chosen entry platform).
8. Requirements for entries. Entries must not contain, as determined by Addison Lee, in its sole discretion, any content that:
i. promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing);
ii. promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
iii. promotes any particular political agenda or message;
iv. is obscene, offensive or inappropriate;
v. endorses any form of hate or hate group;
vi. appears to knowingly duplicate any other submitted entries;
vii. defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
viii. is profane, sexually explicit or suggestive, or unnecessarily violent or derogatory, whether of any person, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, profession, age or otherwise;
ix. denigrates or may denigrate the Addison Lee brand or products, the Promotion, or any other third party brand, product or service;
x. communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will with which Addison Lee wishes to be associated; and/or
xi. violates, or incites any violation of, any law.
9. In the event that an entry contains any of the aforementioned content, that entry will be deemed null and void. Addison Lee reserves the right to review, edit, alter or remove any entry in its sole discretion, which does not comply with these Rules or which Addison Lee reasonably believes does not comply with these Rules.
10. Entries submitted outside of the Promotional Period shall not be valid or counted.
11. The Promotion is free to enter and no purchase is necessary to enter or win.
12. The entry must not infringe upon the copyright, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity.
13. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
14. Addison Lee does not accept any responsibility for any technical or other difficulties encountered by Entrants in entering the Promotion or any entries that are delayed or corrupted.
15. Entrants are responsible for all costs and expenses relating to participation in the Promotion, such as the cost of accessing the internet.
16. The participants reserve the right to exclude any entries which they believe to be fraudulent or based on misconduct, or if, in their reasonable opinion, they consider that there is a significant risk that the Entrant may bring the Addison Lee brand into disrepute.
17. There are (12) prizes available which is subject to the Rules and consists of 12 bottles of Champagne, one bottle to be won daily throughout the promotion period.
18. The winner will be drawn daily throughout the promotion period by Addison Lee. The winner will be selected based on the best photo submission on that day, decided by members of the marketing team.
19. The winner will be notified via a direct message Instagram, Facebook or Twitter (depending on their chosen entry platform) and will be asked to reply with their full name, telephone number, and address where we can deliver the prize, as well as any other details required by Addison Lee for the operation of the Promotion (the “Winner’s Response Message”). If the winner fails to acknowledge receipt of such message within one hour, Addison Lee reserves the right (in their sole discretion) to withdraw the Prize or draw an alternative winner.
20. If the Prize is un-awarded, unclaimed or subject to claims which become invalid or which are adjudged void at any time, the Prize will lapse and may be re-awarded by Addison Lee (but without obligation to do so). This includes any prize where the Winner’s Response Message is received by Addison Lee after the timeframe provided for response. Addison Lee does not accept any liability for delay or non-delivery of notification emails to winners or Winner’s Response Message.
21. The Prize includes only those items specifically listed in paragraph 18 above.
22. The winner may not substitute, assign or transfer the Prize, whether in whole or in part but Addison Lee reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to substitute the Prize with one of comparable or greater value.
23. No part of the Prize may be exchanged for any cash or other alternative (whether the maximum value of the Prize has been used or not), it is not transferable, divisible, permitted to be sold or resold and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. The Prize cannot be replaced or refunded in the event of loss, theft or missed opportunity. In the event that Addison Lee wishes to increase the prize pool for the Promotion, it may (but shall not be obliged to) do so.
24. In order to claim the Prize, the winner may be asked for identification that matches their entry details. Addison Lee reserves the right to validate any claim and may ask for proof of identity and/or address and/or age.
25. Details of the winners can be obtained by contacting the Customer Services number notified on www.addisonlee.com and obtaining the contact name and address to which to send an envelope with a signed hand-written specific request and a stamped addressed envelope.
26. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Prize will be awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
27. As a condition of entering, Entrants agree that to the extent permitted by law, Addison Lee, Instagram and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, franchisees, prize providers, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”) are released, will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by Entrants against any liability for any losses or damages of any kind to property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize or participation in this Promotion or any Promotion-related activities. Nothing in these Rules shall be construed to limit or exclude any liability of a Released Party for fraudulent misrepresentation, fraud, death or personal injury caused by the Released Party’s negligence or any other liability to the extent the same may not be excluded or limited as a matter of law.
28. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Addison Lee excludes all liability for any costs, expenses, loss or damage including indirect, consequential or economic losses arising (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) out of or in connection with an Entrant’s participation in the Promotion, entry into these Rules or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
30. The winner agrees to take part in reasonable, unpaid publicity on behalf of Addison Lee and being announced as a winner on Addison Lee’s social media accounts along with their first name and prize. Such publicity and advertising may take place at any time or date after the entry has been submitted. No further consideration will be given for this.
31. The winner agrees that Addison Lee may use his/her name, image and likeness in any manner (including a photograph, film or recording of the same) and in any medium for its promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
33. Any enquiries about personal information held by Addison Lee, including any request for deletion of personal data, may be made by contacting the Customer Services number notified on the Contact Us section of www.addisonlee.com.
34. Entrants must have a valid Instagram, Facebook or Twitter account (depending on chosen entry platform) and be logged in to their account with their settings set to public to enter. Entrants who post their entries using a wireless device may be charged according to their rate plans with their wireless carriers.
35. Addison Lee is not responsible for any changes or unavailability of the Instagram service that may interfere with the Promotion or ability of Entrants to timely enter, receive notices or communicate with Addison Lee via Instagram in which case Addison Lee, in its sole discretion, may terminate or modify the Promotion.
36. Addison Lee may: (i) extend any time limit or waive any of the Rules where a person might otherwise have been disqualified (without obliging Addison Lee to relax the Rules on any further occasion for that Entrant or at all for any other person); (ii) terminate, extend or suspend the Promotion at any time where this is necessary or desirable due to supervening circumstances beyond Addison Lee’s control; and (iii) substitute a product deemed to be an appropriate replacement and of equal or greater value in the place of any of the prizes (or any part of a prize to the extent divisible). Addison Lee’s decision in the exercise or interpretation of any of its rights or discretions in connection with these Rules shall be final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into.
37. Addison Lee reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify Entrants that do not comply with these Rules or the spirit thereof or any Entrant who they reasonably believe has interfered with the fair running of the Promotion. The decision of Addison Lee is final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into about it.
38. No term of these Rules shall be enforceable by any person who is not a party to them, save that, to the extent Addison Lee deem it appropriate, Addison Lee shall be entitled to treat any of their rights under the Rules as having been granted for the benefit of their group companies, and/or one or more of their agencies and commercial partners.
39. These Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute or any other matter.