A Lead Data Warehouse Engineer is required to lead exciting new data warehouse development projects covering all aspects of the development & support lifecycles using Business Objects Data Services 4.2, and provide thought leadership to the analytics team with regards to data warehouse design & ETL development and best practice.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a business that recognises the true value of data and analytics and one which has recently undergone a significant Business Intelligence refresh programme, including Sybase IQ. The role offers a unique opportunity to make a significant impact on the business’s use of Business Objects Data Services and to play a critical role in the development of the analytics team.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Profiling information systems, capturing source/target mappings and data transformation requirements
- Dimensional modelling
- Preparing ETL technical design documents
- Designing complex data flows from sources such as Sybase ASE based applications, web service data stores (inc. JSON, XML), Salesforce and unstructured data
- Experience with transforms such as Query, Validation, Case transforms as well as Data Quality transforms such as Match, Associate, Data Cleanse & Address Cleanse
- Tuning jobs for high volume and complex transformation scenarios
- Configuring Data Services components including job server and repositories
- Automation of Data Services jobs and development of control scripts
- Developing and executing data profiling, data validation scenarios
- Engaging with the IT design and development teams for data and systems architecture matters
- Collaborating with the analytics team enhance client and business reporting and analysis
Skills and Experience
- Development & support lifecycles using Business Objects Data Services 4.2
- Thought leadership to the analytics team with regards to data warehouse design & ETL development and best practice
The successful candidate will also have the following demonstrable experience and analytical skills:
- Experience of 2+ full life-cycle projects
- Experience of working in an agile framework
- Excellent requirements gathering & analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact at all levels from Director to line of business
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, with the ability to lead projects proactively
- Attention to detail, with an overall passion for continual improvement
- Innovative and creative, with a logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Credible and articulate, with excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to relay analytical insight to internal and external stakeholders with various levels of analytical and digital knowledge and at all levels of seniority
- Action-orientated, with a focus on continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility
- Delivery focused with the ability to achieve quality results with a challenging but positive and influential style
- Comfortable working in a high-pressure environment, where multitasking and prioritisation is essential
Academic and professional qualifications
The successful candidate will have a good academic background in data management or close related subject.
Equality and Diversity Information
Addison Lee is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. In accordance with this, Addison Lee has been awarded the disability symbol, made up of two ticks, as we have made commitments to employ, keep and develop the abilities of disabled staff.
Addison Lee is also a member of the Stonewall ‘Diversity Champions’ scheme. As a Diversity Champion, Addison Lee has access to best practice sharing, networking opportunities and research from a wide range of organisations. We are working with Stonewall to promote diversity and improve both our service and workplace for lesbian, gay and bisexual people.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it is vital that you indicate clearly if you are disabled in your application so that we can ensure that your CV is checked against our minimum skills criteria. If you are disabled, please quote DISAB in the subject line of your email application. Note that you will need to be registered disabled and may be required to provide documents confirming this upon commencement of employment.This post has expired. If you would like to be considered for future roles, please email email@example.com.